Monday, June 15, 2015

Learning to Code

     When I was younger, my oldest brother used to play a "game" that consisted of him writing code all day. He refused to teach me how to do it (because I was 7), but I've always wanted to know how. It's something that I have added to my list of improvements because I've always been extremely jealous of the genius kids that design video games, websites, and apps. I have always been blessed with the ability to pick things up easily so I think I should at least have HTML mastered within the month. I understand that CCS will take a little longer but I am going to be persistent about this. I am not trying to design an app, website, or video game, I would just like to get a basic understanding of one of the fundamental parts of technology that I utilize on a daily basis. 
     I have begun using Code Academy, which is a free service that teaches the basics of writing code. I like the format so far, but I would like to try out some other programs as well. I will continue with this until I am proficient and have the ability to create a decent web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment