Monday, June 8, 2015

Weight Loss and Eating Healthy

       I have been struggling with my weight since middle school. In the past, I've gone on weight loss kicks where I would go the gym twice, sometimes three times a day, but I never changed my unhealthy eating. I would burn almost 1500 calories a day on doing cardio alone, but I'd only lose one or two pounds a week, so eventually I'd give up. No one ever stressed the idea of healthy eating to me, so I assumed weight loss was all about working out. I subscribed to a YouTuber who chronicled her entire weight loss journey. She'd lived an unhealthy lifestyle and began by cutting out fast food. Her body changed drastically with that simple change. She then began eating healthier and in every video, she weighed less.
       I recently decided to take control of my life by way of eating healthier. Social Networking has been a huge help so far. Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr have been instrumental in my journey so far. Something else that has been helping a lot is the MyFitnessPal app. I log everything I eat and drink and I have a set calorie goal for every day. I continuously remind myself that I am not on a diet, I am making a lifestyle change. I have set plenty of goals for myself, my main goal is to lose 50 pounds before my 21st birthday. This will be a challenge, but I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment