Friday, June 5, 2015

Decluttering (Getting rid of toxic friendships)

Today I had the privilege of starting an amazing book about Decluttering your life. This book was written from a Christian perspective and it was extremely enlightening. What I found the most surprising was the emphasis on ridding yourself of negative friendships. The chapter about toxic relationships was extremely interesting. It got me thinking, are there people I'm wasting time on? Are there people who deserve my time and complete devotion who aren't getting it because I am wasting time trying to hold on to old relationships?  This is caused me to take inventory of my life. I realize that I treasure everyone, some of them more than they may deserve. Don't get me wrong, I love my close friends, but there are so many associates of mine that may be taking more than I should give. It was an extremely interesting thought and I'm very convicted by it. I think it's necessary for me to thin the herd a little. Points from this book may be continually mentioned throughout the blog in other posts, but this was what affected me the most today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment