Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Working Out Fails, Money Saving,... and other ramblings.

     It's only been a two weeks and I've already fallen off the wagon. I haven't gone running in 4 days so I basically haven't gotten any exercise at all. It also doesn't help that I no longer have access to the campus gym, since I am not enrolled in summer classes. I have been doing extremely well with sticking to my calorie goals though. I am continuing to use MyFitnessPal and log all of my meals and snacks and i haven't gone over my limit. My lifestyle is still too sedentary. I have watched 3 seasons of Bones in the last week which shows that I spend far too much time in my room. I begin working soon which should help a lot.

     Another part of my Glow Up is expanding my mind. I am completely sure that I want to be a Clinical Psychologist and I am continuously seeking out literature and lectures on the subject. I have renewed my subscription to Oyster so hopefully I can continue my planned reading regimen. For the remainder of the summer I have set a goal of reading two books per week. I know that isn't possible when I am watching 10 episodes of Bones a day so that has to slow down tremendously.

     I get assigned my first work hours tomorrow and hopefully they schedule enough. I set a very large goal for how much I want to save this summer. Next year, I want to travel Europe with my cousin and since she is a real adult with a real job, saving will be much easier for her. I, on the other hand, must make sacrifices. I had a huge summer shopping list and now I am left evaluating the items to see which are actual necessities. Some things are non-negotiable however, like the copper flash lens Ray Ban Aviators. I need them and they will be my gift to myself once I have reached my first summer saving goal of $500. I have also recently come to the realization that I can not afford a puppy. Though I don't need one, I really want one but a dog does not seem practical at this time. Maybe upon being admitted to grad school I'll be ready for the commitment of a pet. For now, I'm not sure if I'll have the time or the funds.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment