Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 New Years Resolutions!

 

              It seems as though a lot of people are getting sick of listening to their friends and family talk about what things they hope to change in the New Year.  I love the idea of New Years Resolutions. Though I think changes can be made at any time, I love the idea of looking at a new year like a clean slate. As with every other aspect of life, I tend to go a bit overboard with my resolutions. I’m sure it as a lot to do with my obsession with making lists. Though my list is pretty long, believe it or not, I had even more last year so I'm making some progress. Well without further explanation, here’s my NYR2K16 list!

1.    Read More Books
I love reading so much. In 2016 I hope to continue and actually reach my goal of at least one book every two weeks. I find that this goal is extremely simple over the summer, but once the school year starts, between class, work, studying, and sorority obligations I have no time to get any of my “for fun” reading in.
2.    Post More on the Blog
I’ve toyed with the idea of being a more consistent blogger for some time now. I think the New Year is the perfect for me to set specific goals about content and how often I post. I have so many blogs that I check everyday and I've always thought about spending some time to get my own thoughts and input out there.
3.    Become a Morning Person
I am so jealous of those amazing girls who manage to wake up, work out, make tea, and enjoy their breakfast all before 8AM every day. Personally, that sounds like a nightmare (I’ve always said that the Holy Spirit doesn’t move before 10). I am the worst with getting up early but on days that I manage it, I get SO MUCH WORK DONE. By the end of 2016 I want to be one of these magical fairies getting work done early.
4.    Buy More Makeup
This one probably seems a little weird, but I really want to expand my makeup collection. I have been completely obsessed with makeup since I was a little girl. I received huge makeup kits as Christmas gifts every year from 6 – 16 years old. Doing my makeup and doing makeup for others brings me so much unexplainable joy, so I think expanding my collection is a completely healthy thing to strive toward. J
5.    Become a Yoga Intermediate
Yoga has been something that I’ve always wanted to get more involved with. I find some amazing videos on YouTube and get into them every few weeks, but I want to challenge myself and get better at it. Also, Carly from The College Prepster is a total Yogi now and she is #LifeGoals.
6.    Keep My car/room tidy
My friends and family are constantly teasing me about how messy I let my bedroom and car get sometimes. I feel happier and more at ease in a cleaner environment so another goal for this year is to keep my life a little more tidy.
7.    Use my planner more often
Like most College Sorority girls, I use a Lilly Pulitzer agenda. Even though this past semester has been the busiest one of my life, I used my planner even less than usual. I was constantly forgetting due dates and meetings, even though I constantly carried my $40 planner with me. I have one more semester with this planner and I plan on making it count.
8.    Read the entire Bible
Reading the entire Bible is something I’ve always wanted to do at least once in my life. I decided I could hold myself more accountable if I gave myself a time limit.
9.    Save Money
I have some pretty specific money saving goals. After reflecting on 2015, I realized how frivolous I was with money, I worked approx. 15-25 hours a week and I ended the semester with nothing to show for it. This year I’m going to be more cautious when it comes to every day spending.
10. Make Deans List
With how much I worked this year, and my lack of planning with my agenda, I really allowed my grades to slip. I plan on going to Master’s school after undergrad and I need a more competitive GPA if I plan on getting into a good program.
11. Go to the Library 2x a week
I only went to the library a few times this semester and every time I went I got an incredible amount of work done. I have a hard time focusing in my room because of my personal distractions. There’s something about going to the library, making a list of things you need to do, and not leaving until that list is complete. I plan on working a lot less this semester do I will be able to get more study hours in.
12. Go to the Gym 2x a week (minimum)

This is definitely the most achievable goal on my list. I already go to the gym relatively often, usually 2-3 times per week. However, some weeks when I’m not in the mood of just busy, I will skip the gym all together. Giving myself a minimum amount of times to go per week allows me have a set goal, which will hopefully get me into the gym around 3-5 times per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment