Friday, June 19, 2015

Where I Run

     When starting a running regimen, it's very important to choose a place that suits you. If you're like me and you need scenery, I would recommend a wooded area. If you are all about convenience, you could just run near your house. If you live close to an outdoor track, that could be a nice place as well. I run in a park called Wintergarden near where I live. It's beautiful and it keeps the run pretty interesting.

     One of the best things about Wintergarden is that it has a soft trail, so it's less impact on my knees than an asphalt trail or track. It's also a pretty popular park so there are people waling through with their dogs. I am a dog lover so seeing them is the highlight of my run.
   
   One issue with running through a wooded area is MOSQUITOS!!! Today was the first time Kim and I ran after using bug spray and it was glorious. Normally, we would leave with about six mosquito bites each.

      Kim and I aren't experienced runners or anything, we started a few weeks ago and we're using the Couch to 5K app. If you are just beginning, I would definitely recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment